Hair is one of the most aesthetically prominent components of the human appearance. It enhances the general look of a person. Everyone wants to have a thicker, fuller and healthier hair. However, maintaining a long and healthy hair has become a challenge not only to women but men alike.
All people lose hair, some faster than others, some temporary and some long term, unfortunately. Either way, it was scary when I came to a realisation that there are a lot of hair around the shower drain! Something had to be done.
Naturally, we all look for a solution of the problem. Some people prefer store bought hair loss products while others go with age old home remedies for promoting hair growth and strength.
For me, it’s always smarter, at least for starters, to go for natural remedies that have much fewer side effects. Harsh, store bought hair loss products might damage the scalp and make you lose hair instead if not applied as instructed.
Let us look at some of the home remedies at your reach that can promote hair growth.
1. Lavender – Most people lose their hair due to dandruff dilemmas. Rubbing your scalp trying to get rid of the dandruff enhance breakage. Applying lavender oil on your scalp daily will prevent hair loss and promote faster hair growth. This will also reduce brittleness and split ends.
2. Aloe Vera – This is a product you will always find in most of the shampoos. This is also herbal remedy that gives your hair a healthy look. You don’t have to go to the stores to buy it, you can simply pluck a leaf of Aloe Vera and rub the pulp on your scalp.
3. Avocado – Avocado is not only good for the inside but equally benefits the outside. It will nourish the strands of your hair to give your hair a healthier growth and your hair even might grow faster than expected. Avocados are readily available in the market.
4. Ginseng – This is a remedy most people have settled for. It is herbal remedy that gives the scalp better blood circulation that will enhance the growth process. Your strands will also be strengthened so that you won’t have to worry about breakage.
5. Kukui Nut – The official tree of Hawaii. This nut has been regarded as one of the oldest ways of enhancing hair growth, it will diminish strand fall. All, you need to do, is apply the extract of Kukui nut on your scalp. You should then massage it in a circular motion so that if can be evenly distributed on the scalp.
6. Coconut Oil – This is probably most popular method most people go for to promote hair growth and thickness. Just apply coconut oil on the scalp. Use a towel so that the oil won’t drip all over the place, then remove the towel after 15 to 30 minutes and rinse with cool water and mild shampoo. The main goal is to reap the nourishing benefits that come with the coconut oil.
I like to use home remedies for promoting hair growth because they are readily available and give me a good results. They have also been tested and tried by many hair enthusiasts.
You can also make use of the products in season because they are cheaper and will save you time to look for other remedies. To have the desired effect on the hair, it is advisable to use these products on a weekly basis.